The SF Archers “Outreach Program” specializes in “group” instruction for beginners. All our instructors are seasoned archers and club members who volunteer their time and knowledge to promote archery to all who want to learn. The Outreach Program does NOT specialize on “private” one on one instruction. The club provides all the equipment necessary for your instruction.
The program is usually conducted on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month from February to November (subject to other club hosted events and instructor availability). PLEASE check the calendar prior to arrival to confirm the Outreach Program is on for the day of your visit. We do not guarantee entry or instruction and our capacity is limited to the amount of volunteer instructors we have on any given Sunday.
If you wish to fill out the waiver form before you arrive it is posted here. SFA Archery Outreach Program waiver form PDF
- The minimum age for instruction is 8 years old.
- Registration begins approximately at 8:30am.
- We run two sessions from 9-12pm.
- The 1st session starts at 9am until 10:30am.
- The 2nd session starts at 10:30am until 12pm.
- We accommodate students on a first come, first serve basis.
- Each student must be present and a liability waiver must be signed prior to instruction.
- A parent or legal guardian must sign the waiver for minors.
- Please read the disclosure & code of conduct in its entirety below. *
Beginners are welcome to attend and we gladly accept donations of $5 per archer to put towards equipment purchases & maintenance.
Information on Private Group Archery Instruction
For inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
NON-MEMBER “private” group archery instruction available in the morning Monday to Friday by appointment only, subject to volunteer instructor availability.
MEMBER “private” group archery instruction available in the morning Monday to Friday by appointment only, subject to volunteer instructor availability. Weekend availability subject to board approval. Please submit all requests at least 2 months in advance.
Corporate/Business team building events, Scouts & Non-profit organization archery instruction available in the a.m. Monday to Friday by appointment only, subject to volunteer instructor availability. Limited weekend availability.
*Outreach Archery Instruction Disclosure & Code of Conduct
Upon arrival, you acknowledge that you have read the following disclosure below, including the code of conduct, and agree to adhere to all points outlined.
You will be asked to sign a waiver form for each student during registration. We are a ‘not for profit’ program and all our instructors are volunteering their time & knowledge to promote archery to all interested in learning. The program is “free of charge” though we ask for a nominal and affordable DONATION for each student to cover the day use fee, range and target maintenance and equipment maintenance of all bows, arrows & accessories. We have found that a minimum $5 per student donation is sufficient to cover the costs involved in running the program.
This is an ACTIVE archery range. Please leave your pets at home. Respect the area you are visiting and be courteous to others at all times (we are a family oriented range). Practice cleanliness at the picnic tables & surrounding areas. Please make sure to clean up after yourselves and leave the area the way you found it or better. Throw all your garbage in the receptacle. SF Archer members who maintain the range are ALL VOLUNTEERS and EVERYONE must pitch in to upkeep the range.
ARCHERY PROGRAM CODE OF CONDUCT
As a parent I will:
• Respect that the archery program is the focus of the event.
• Encourage quiet & cooperative behavior.
• Intervene to stop behavior that involve chasing, throwing or physical contact.
• Intervene and prevent behavior that could result in children wandering into archery range areas where SF Archers members are present.
• Intervene to keep children from playing or hanging-out in the parking lot area.
• Ensure that my child/children understand the code of conduct and safety rules.
As an archer I will:
• Shoot only when a coach is working with me and tells me it is safe to do so.
• Respect and follow the safety rules.
• Only shoot at the target directly in front of my shooting position.
• Only shoot at the target, not into the air, not beyond the target.
• Treat the bows and arrows with respect and care.
As a spectator I will:
• Remain a safe distance behind the archers and follow the instructor safety protocol.
• Avoid activities that could be distracting to coaches or archers.
• Treat coaches, volunteers, and other participants with respect.
Archery Safety Rules:
1. Obey the call, “hold the line” or “bows down” by removing any nocked arrow, and not shooting again until the, “Clear to shoot,” instruction.
2. Never nock an arrow if there are people forward of the shooting line.
3. Never turn with a bow if you have an arrow nocked.
4. Never point a bow towards any person, even in jest.
5. Never “dry fire” or shoot a bow that does not have an arrow already nocked.
6. Only shoot at the target directly in front of you.
7. Never run when holding arrows.
8. Only pull arrows from targets with two hands – one gripping the arrow near the point,
the other holding the target.
9. Failure to follow these Safety Rules and/or ignore the Code of Conduct will result in immediate removal and escort off the range.