Covid-19 Protocols for San Francisco Archers
San Francisco Archers (SFA) has been working hard to institute changes to our Archery Range that comply with the COVID-19 prevention protocols and recommendations, as provided by the City & County of San Francisco, the San Mateo County Health Department, and the CDC.
SFA apologizes for the inconvenience that these changes present. To help ensure public safety, we must comply with all local, state, and CDC requirements and guidelines in order to operate a shared outdoor recreation facility.
We want to ensure that everyone — our members and the members of the general public who enjoy archery — remain safe. All visitors must be in compliance with all COVID-19 protocols while at SFA so that everyone can enjoy the range and share in our love of archery. Visitors not complying with COVID-19 protocols will be asked to leave.
Please carefully read all of the sections below to ensure the safety and well-being of all visitors to the range.
- Maintain social distancing and follow all posted signs and guidelines
- Use target bales and ranges safely and responsibly.
- Avoid congregations and gathering.
- Pack out your trash.
We will continue to work with the above listed government agencies to ensure any necessary guidelines are implemented at SFA. This page will be updated to reflect any of those changes.
Thank you for all of your support and understanding. We are working hard to ensure that our range is safe, open, and available to everyone who loves archery.
San Francisco Archers
1. Maintain Social Distancing & Follow All Posted Signs
There are numerous signs around SFA to remind visitors of Social Distancing requirements. Additional safety guidelines for all visitors are posted at various locations. These guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain social distances.
- Avoid contact with others outside your family group.
- Handle only your own gear. No sharing of equipment outside of your family group.
- Possess a face covering on your person and carry it in a readily accessible location. It is highly recommended that all visitors and members wear a face mask as personal protection equipment (PPE).
All visitors are required to follow these guidelines to remain safe and to ensure the safety of others around you. Visitors not complying with COVID-19 Protocols will be asked to leave.
2. Use the Target Bales & Ranges Safely and Responsibly
SFA maintains several archery areas — the target ranges (e.g. the Olympic Target range, the Kiddie Range, and the Practice Range) and field ranges (e.g. the Red & White range). All of these ranges contain a variety of target bales.
All target bales in these areas have been placed to maintain appropriate Social Distancing. A single target bale should only be used by a single person or family group.
In addition, the following guidelines should be followed:
- Archers should only retrieve arrows from their respective bales.
- Archers should only handle their own equipment & gear. Do not share items with others outside of your family group.
- Archers should respect all ground markings, such as marked waiting areas, walkways, etc.
- When using the field ranges, archers should follow all posted signs and respect social distances between themselves and any other archer or family group.