Our archery club boasts a membership roster of 300+ people, many including families. Membership benefits include: access to the Clubhouse, access to member-only parking, and discounts on SFA-logo gear.
The day-to-day needs of the club are run by the Board of Officers, who are members that are elected annually by the general membership. These officers run the daily activities such as range captain, scorekeeper, treasurer, secretary, webmaster, etc.
We would love to have you join us as an SFA member. The membership year begins January 1st and ends December 31st. New members who join mid year pay a pro-rated rate.
All members are required to help maintain all aspects of our club, including: the maintenance of the overall property, keeping the clubhouse in working order, and helping to host our events.
Member duties include:
- Reading our Constitution and By-Laws (updated 2018)
- Completing all required “Membership Task Requirements”, which can be done in any of the following ways:
- Participate in a minimum of three (3) out of 12 scheduled range maintenance days (aka “work parties”) per year or make special arrangements with the Range Captain.
- Help run any of our sponsored archery events. Information about these events are sent out in the newsletter or email updates. We need volunteers to help with some of the following tasks, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Kitchen & Snack Shack help – Clean up, set up or working in the kitchens / Snack Shack.
- Registration & Score Keeper help – Help register archers, keep score or time, or hand out awards.
- Set up and Tear Down – Help set up or take down targets, etc
- Parking attendants (especially for our BC Tournament!)
- Being up-to-date on your dues.
- Joining the monthly Board meetings, where you can hear some of the activities and needs of the Club. (Recommended, but optional)
- Reading our newsletter & any email updates, which contains information on upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, etc. All communications are sent out via email. (Recommended)
- Attending any of our Club Events, such as Club Shoots, SFA Awards Dinner, any Potlucks or other events as scheduled in our SFA Calendar (Optional. We would love to see you!)
Applying to be a Member
- You must be sponsored by an existing member in good standing. (The best way to get to know members is to join one of our range maintenance days.)
- Attend and complete a minimum of two Membership Tasks.
- Read our Constitution & By Laws.
The online application process will take 5-10 minutes. You will be prompted to create an account with Member Planet. Our membership team will review your completed application and reach out to you via email if there is anything missing or if we have questions. Once your application is approved, you will begin to receive all membership notices via email.
You will be a probationary level member until you satisfy all of the membership task requirements.
Renewing Your Membership:
You can renew your membership by logging in through our online membership portal.
Don’t have an account? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help you set up one.
You must be current with all past dues to renew. Our system will automatically collect all past due fees.
(Please note that our dues have increased in 2018, which was approved by the Board and voted on by the general membership. Our By Laws were updated with the updated dues.)
If you have any questions about renewing your membership, contact the Membership Officer.
SFA is a Chartered Club of the NFAA and our ranges are certified NFAA outdoor field courses. We are also affiliated with the following organizations:
- National Field Archery Association (NFAA),
- California Bow Hunters (CBH) / State Archery Association (SAA),
- USA Archery (USAA)
- Northern California Field Archery Association (NCFAA).
Membership in these organizations is not required, but is encouraged in order to support archery and bow hunting at state and national levels.