Our archery club boasts a membership roster of 300+ people, many including families. Membership benefits include: access to the Clubhouse, access to member-only parking, and discounts on SFA-logo gear.
The day-to-day needs of the club are run by the Board of Officers, who are members that are elected annually by the general membership. These officers run the daily activities such as range captain, scorekeeper, treasurer, secretary, webmaster, etc.
We would love to have you join us as an SFA member. The membership year begins January 1st and ends December 31st. New members who join mid year pay a pro-rated rate.
All members are required to help maintain all aspects of our club, including: the maintenance of the overall property, keeping the clubhouse in working order, and helping to host our events. Member duties include:
- Reading our Constitution and By-Laws (updated 2018)
- Completing all required “Membership Task Requirements”, which can be done in any of the following ways:
- Participate in a minimum of three (3) out of 12 scheduled range maintenance days (aka “monthly parties”) per year or make special arrangements with the Range Captain.
- Help run any of our sponsored archery events. Information about these events are sent out in the newsletter or email updates. We need volunteers to help with some of the following tasks, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Kitchen & Snack Shack help – Clean up, set up or working in the kitchens / Snack Shack.
- Registration & Score Keeper help – Help register archers, keep score or time, or hand out awards.
- Set up and Tear Down – Help set up or take down last minute targets, etc
- Parking attendants (especially for our BC Tournament!)
- Being up-to-date on your dues.
- Joining the monthly Board meetings, where you can hear some of the activities and needs of the Club. (Recommended, but optional)
- Reading our newsletter & any email updates, which contains information on upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, etc. All communications are sent out via email. (Recommended)
- Attending any of our Club Events, such as Club Shoots, SFA Awards Dinner, any Potlucks or other events as scheduled in our SFA Calendar (Optional. We would love to see you!)
Applying to be a Member
- Be sponsored by an existing member. (The best way to get to know members is to join one of our range maintenance days.)
- Attend and complete a minimum of two Membership Tasks.
- Read our Constitution & By Laws
- Submit your application using our online membership form.
- Wait for your approval. You will receive all membership notices via email.
Once your membership has been approved, you will become a Probationary Level Member and receive your tag and other membership materials. Complete all of the Membership Task Requirements to move from a Probationary Level Member to an Active Member.
Renewing Your Membership:
You can renew your membership through our online membership portal. You must be current with all past dues to renew.
(Please note that our dues have increased in 2018, which was approved by the Board and voted on by the general membership. Our By Laws were updated with the updated dues.)
If you have any questions about renewing your membership, contact the Membership Officer.
SFA is a Chartered Club of the NFAA and our ranges are certified NFAA outdoor field courses. We are also affiliated with the following organizations:
- National Field Archery Association (NFAA),
- California Bow Hunters (CBH) / State Archery Association (SAA),
- USA Archery (USAA)
- Northern California Field Archery Association (NCFAA).
Membership in these organizations is not required, but is encouraged in order to support archery and bow hunting at state and national levels.