Frequently Asked Questions
Can I rent equipment from San Francisco Archers?
We do not rent, loan, or sell archery equipment. It is an insurance issue. If you would like to try archery before you purchase equipment, join us for the Archery Outreach Program on the first and third Sunday of each month from 9:00 AM to noon. Check our calendar before your visit.
San Francisco Archer’s is open everyday of the year from sun up until sun down. However, our range is closed during range maintenance days and for our tournament/shoots. Check our calendar before you visit.
How many people can I bring to the Archery Outreach Program?
The Outreach Program was not meant to handle large groups of people who want to shoot together. A family or group of five is not too hard to accommodate but a larger group should contact a commercial archery shop for private instruction. Check out our Resources page for a list of commercial archery shops that offer private instruction for large groups.
Do you offer private instruction or do corporate events?
- Currently, we do not offer private instruction for individuals. Check out our Resources page for a list of commercial archery shops that offer private instruction.
- We DO offer limited corporate events or events for non-profit organizations (maximum of 20 people). Contact us if you are interested, or refer to our Resources page for a list of commercial archery shops that offer larger group instruction.
- Currently, we do not offer private events, such as birthday parties, etc.
What’s the difference between Outreach and JOAD/AAA?
- The Outreach Program is a one-time class meant to introduce you to the basics of archery in a group setting.
- JOAD / AAA is a longer term program where instructors take you from a beginner to an advanced archer through a curriculum over the course of many weeks.
If it rains, does the Archery Outreach Program get canceled?
Inclement weather is a problem. We do not shoot in high winds or when there is a steady rain or heavy showers.
How much does it cost to shoot at San Francisco Archers?
There is a daily shoot fee for non-members: adults are $5.00 and children under 13 are admitted free of charge. For more information of becoming a member, please visit our membership page.
Can I shoot my crossbow or use broad heads at SFA?
No, we do not allow use of crossbows or broad head arrows at anytime or anywhere on the range. It is currently illegal in the county of San Mateo.